Social Return on Investment (SROI)
Our team of Specialist Social Impact and Value Consultants have in-depth practical experience in research, forecasting, evaluating, reporting and showcasing Social Return on Investment (SROI) for a range of charities, social enterprises, private businesses and public sector organisations.
Organisations have used the SROI research to support organisational strategy, business planning, product and service development and income generation through trading, commissioning, funding and fundraising.
We have experience in creating over 20 SROI reports and have supported health, education, employment, justice, community and housing focused organisations across the third, private and public sectors to showcase their financial value.
Contact us to found out more.
Our approach to Social Return on Investment (SROI) is focused on researching and measuring what is important to stakeholders to legitimately report the financial impact and value accordingly.
We are flexible in our approach to suit any organisation, time-scale and budget and are able to forecast or evaluate Social Return on Investment (SROI).
- We sit down prior to commencing with an organisation to gain an understanding of their values, culture, approach and delivery models together with what the purpose is of carrying out a Social Return on Investment (SROI) report.
- We recommend the most suitable approaches to research and measurement.
- We map all direct, indirect and wider stakeholders and the power and influence over the organisation.
- We map what stakeholders value about the organisation.
- In consultation with the organisation, we design the most suitable methods of engagement and research.
- We undertake research by engaging with a range of stakeholders, to research the change (outcomes) and the difference (impact) that an organisation has made.
- We research the effect the impact has on stakeholders.
- We assign financial and non financial value to each impact, using legitimate reference sources.
- We research and assign the level of influence the organisation has on the impact being created.
- We create a modular report that can be used to showcase the financial value to a range of stakeholders.
- We create a social impact and value map that transparently tracks the “theory of change” .
- We calculate the financial value the organisations creates and develop the Social Return on Investment (SROI) ratio.
- Provide support that offers the best value for money.
- Be flexible in our approach.
- Reduce the level of “buzz words” and talk plan English wherever possible.
- Mentor organisation team members throughout the process.
- Raise awareness of how SROI can be used to support organisational change, development and income generation.
All research and evidence is shared live via online sharing portal.