Spiral Health CIC is a social enterprise in the form of a community interest company. Its focus is to provide health and wellbeing support to those in need and who are residents of the catchment area of the local foundation trust (NHS).
Spiral Health CIC is sited in a former community hospital in Bispham, Blackpool. The hospital now houses the first nurse led rehabilitation unit within the UK; the unit has 40 beds made up of single rooms and larger group wards.
The organisation currently has a contract to deliver via a block booked contract, encompassing rehabilitation, occupational therapy and physiotherapy. The primary purpose of the unit is to assist individuals in not reaching crisis point whereby they may need to be admitted or readmitted into hospital.
Date Awarded: 1st December 2013
Quality Level Marks: Level 2
Social Value Pledges:
- Reduce the economic impact of health and social care within the borough of Blackpool per annum resulting in a cost saving of £4,234,279.00 for the Fylde Coast and society as a whole
- Maximise the positive economic impact on the local economy through the engagement of a local supply chain and the promotion of local employment
- Promote service users to live independently and make their own informed choices about the care they receive
- Focus on the personal rehabilitation to prevent service users reaching crisis point
- Engage, listen and learn from staff experiences and value their opinions
- Reduce the need for health based interventions in the lives of the elderly
- Raise awareness and understanding of the needs of the elderly within the community
- Share our knowledge, understanding and best practice to improve the lives of the services users
- Enhance the knowledge of the local community around elderly and challenge old misconceptions