SoFab Sports is a company with three very definite social objectives:
- To establish retail outlets selling donated and reconditioned sports equipment, clothing, books and electronic games.
- To provide a grounds and kit maintenance service to sports clubs, schools etc.
- To provide level 1 sports coaches to schools, clubs and colleges, and exercise sessions to the general public.
Underpinning the whole company is the commitment to engage with young adults with physical, learning and social disadvantages by developing the three strands of business in such a manner that they all create supportive employment environments for this sector of the community in which they can learn and develop with the ultimate objective of creating pathways from SOFAB Sports into mainstream employment
Date Awarded: 16th June 2014
Quality Level Marks: Level 1
Social Value Pledges:
- They will create supportive employment and work experience opportunities within the local community
- They will improve health and well-being in the local area through providing accessible sports activities
- They will empower young people to gain qualifications through education and skills increasing confidence to improve employability and help fulfill their potential
- They will promote social and community integration through sports to increase empathy, inclusion and diversity
- They recycle sports goods for those with a need to purchase and support environmental awareness resulting in the reduction of 20 tonnes of CO2
- They will reduce anti social behaviour by providing local social, sports and arts opportunities
- They will the reduce the burden of crime and anti social behaviour on the local community and promote positive and active citizenship